Group Innovation Counsel to Verisure
Verisure is seeking a talented, innovative, passionate Group Innovation Counsel to join our new Group Organization. The Counsel will become an integral member of our growing Group Legal function. The role will be based at our growing Innovation & Technology site in Malmö, Sweden, and will report to the Group Commercial Counsel (based in the headquarters in Geneva).
The Group Innovation Counsel will have primary responsibility for partnering with our Group Innovation and Marketing teams and other key stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of innovation team dynamics and how our products and services are created - the Group Innovation Counsel will ensure Verisure´s innovations are compliant with legal and regulatory obligations, including data privacy and data security.
The Group Innovation Counsel will develop effective relationships and communication channels so as to be able to give timely, up-front advice and guidance to these teams and to members of the Legal team (especially lawyers in the local markets) on key legal and regulatory issues affecting different products and services. The role will involve drafting/updating the customer terms and conditions in respect of new products and services and will work closely with our IP Counsel, Data Privacy Counsel and external counsels.
The Group Innovation Counsel will influence complex innovation processes and will interact on a regular basis with senior members of the organization. You will be challenged and asked to solve complex matters, and together with the rest of team further build Verisure´s best practices.
Who are you?
We are looking for a high potential, talented individual, who will have a real impact in the business and the organization from day one.
In order to be successful, we believe that you have the following background and skills:
- Law school graduate, either currently practising at a major law firm, or operating in a senior in-house role within a business with a strong international footprint.
- 5-10 years´ post-qualifying experience - potential for development, appetite to be challenged and energy to learn is key!
- A successful track record of providing commercial and strategic advice and guidance to middle and senior management.
- Team management experience is beneficial but not required.
- Relevant experience in product and services development, as well as the legal and regulatory environment impacting on product and services development, would be ideal.
- Collaborating and Influencing, with a business minded and problem solving mindset.
What we will offer you
This is a newly created position, with a high potential for impact and success as Verisure is growing and building a talented and passionate Group organization! As Group Innovation Counsel you will be responsible for providing advice and legal support with a specific focus on Innovation – and will be instrumental in shaping our customer proposition and bringing to market Verisure´s new technology services and products. Our success depends on our people and we invest in them every day. Working with Verisure is being part of an industry-leading, world-class company that thrives on a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
In this recruitment process, Verisure is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so please apply (in English) as soon as possible via www.jurek.se. Please note that we do not accept applications by email. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Helena Woodcock by phone 0733 10 95 85 or by email at email@example.com.
Verisure (in some markets operating under Securitas Direct) is the European market leader in monitored security solutions. The Company has nearly 3 million customers in 15 countries across Europe and Latin America, more than 16,000 employees and partners, and grows continuously at more than 10% per annum top and bottom line.
The group has grown to be the third-largest home alarm provider in the world. It is owned by leading private equity firm Hellman & Friedman, Singapore´s sovereign wealth fund (GIC) and management.
Everything we do is driven by our DNA. Our DNA has enabled us to grow at a double-digit pace for many years and is setting us up to continue our winning stride.
The Verisure DNA has five tenants:
- Passionate in Everything We Do:Our people have a sense of energy that is unmistakable, one that drives us to delight our customers and focus on creating impact quickly.
- Committed to Making a Difference: When we say we will do something, we deliver with excellence. We are accountable, focused and operate with discipline.
- Always Innovating: We believe that Innovation can be big or small; it´s a continuous state of mind that inspires us to think differently and always make things better. We are risk takers and we learn continuously.
- Winning as a Team: Our people know that by leveraging one another´s strengths, investing in and developing our team´s capability and by collaborating well, we will win.
- With Trust & Responsibility: Operating with integrity is core to our success. We are humble, honest and value deep mastery and expertise. We do the right thing, always.
0733-10 95 85