Senior Trade Compliance Manager
As a prime driver in the electronics industry, our world-leading and unique production solutions impact the very future of technology. Our technology is everywhere. Inside jet motors travelling the globe. Inside people as pace makers continue to save lives. Even in space, as NASA´s robot explores the lands of Mars. Right now, we are on a journey of growth, where we continue to explore new markets and expand worldwide. And on the road ahead, we need the right kind of people by our side. People, perhaps, much like you.
Mycronic, a Swedish high-tech company, is seeking to hire an experienced Senior Trade Compliance Manager based at the headquarters in Stockholm. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organization with subsidiaries, agents and distributors in more than 50 countries. The right candidate will get the mandate to structure and manage Global Trade Compliance that guides all Mycronic sites. This function reports to the Director Logistics.
Responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of trade compliance programs and for ensuring Mycronic effectively complies with applicable trade laws and regulations.
- Administer and maintain a program for the organization´s trade compliance controls.
- Manage the trade compliance program and ensure that trade compliance issues are properly resolved and coordinated with corporate management.
- Keep corporate management properly informed of trade compliance issues through regular briefings.
- Support and provide guidance to Mycronic staff responsible for trade and compliance programs.
- Manage the internal export and import audit and assessment programs, conduct periodic internal audits and assessments to verify adherence to policies and procedures and identify gaps in the trade compliance program to ensure trade compliance programs are effective.
- Provide guidance and direction to Mycronic personnel relative to export compliance procedures and documentation, including product classification and jurisdiction, licensing and administration, denied party processes, technology transfers, deemed exports, anti-boycott reporting and recordkeeping.
- Prepare appropriate export license and approval applications for submittal to applicable authorities.
- Conduct investigations of any incidences of purported non-compliance with internal trade compliance policy or trade laws and regulations.
- Develop and conduct periodic formal training on trade compliance.
- Maintain expert-level knowledge of applicable trade legislation and regulations.
- Participate in applicable external trade organizations and ongoing education to stay apprised of changing regulatory affairs that affect regulatory compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Export compliance regulations of Sweden, the European Union and the United States. Experience in other Export compliance regulations is an advantage.
- Able to apply technical knowledge of regulations to complex business transactions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively convey ideas and messages both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing. Must be able to deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and be adept at tailoring their communication to their audience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong negotiation and motivation skills. Successful candidate will be able to motivate others towards business goals, using a range of influencing skills and strategies as the situation requires. Capable of gaining the commitment of others.
- Highly refined conflict management skills to bring differences to closure while maintaining credibility and composure. Encourage healthy debate as a constructive part of the decision-making process and use collaborative techniques to resolve conflict.
- High ethical standards and a strong moral compass. Honesty, credibility, a strong sense of responsibility and the will to follow through on commitments are critical attributes in this position.
- Strong belief in teamwork and identifying with the team. Support team goals over individual goals, readily collaborate with others, recognize and value their contributions and encourage team members to support each other.
- Understand the positive impact of continuous improvement and process improvement and a strong commitment to use these business tools as appropriate; to enhance organizational excellence is critical to success in this role.
Education and Experience Required
Relevant University degree or equivalent experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in working with trade compliance for a European company with working knowledge of the trade compliance regulations of the United States, or related experience. We also assume that you have experience from implementing and managing a trade compliance program.
The recruitment process
This recruitment is handled byJurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Questions can be answered by Agnes Smedberg, phone: +46 8 525 018 86
Who we are – and what we offer
Mycronic is a Swedish high-tech company with more than 1200 employees engaged in the development, manufacturing and marketing of production equipment. We offer you the chance to join a profitable and growing company with an open work culture and knowledgeable colleagues. Colleagues who learn and share expertise with each other to drive innovation and increase customer value. With all our different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise we keep making the impossible possible, again and again. It is our three core values–passion for business, passion for technology and passion for people–that guides, drives and unites us, all over the globe.
Be inspired by our film: