Senior Legal Counsel Nordics to AbbVie
We´re a a highly focused research-driven biopharmaceutical company that takes on the toughest health challenges aiming to make a remarkable impact on people´s lives. .
Our ~30,000 employees are scientists, researchers, communicators, manufacturing specialists and regulatory experts located around the globe. We come up with new approaches to addressing today´s health issues—from life-threatening illness to chronic conditions.
We target specific difficult-to-cure diseases where we can leverage our core R&D expertise to advance science. We´re constantly working to create solutions that go beyond treating the illness to have a positive impact on patients´ lives, on societies—and on science itself.
The Legal Department consists of about 25 lawyers in EuropeWe are now looking for a Senior Counsel Nordics who will be responsible for all legal matters in the four Nordic Countries. The position is based in Stockholm and you will report to Head of Legal Region North (Nordics and Benelux).
The role includes in particular to identify required support to the leadership teams in the four Nordic countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland) to support the key strategic objectives of the business in those countries. The work shall focus on continuously build an effective legal support function always addressing the highest legal challenges and pursue the greatest commercial opportunities in a proactive and innovative fashion.
The legal work will include the following:
- Identify and map out the legal support needs of the business leaders and provide business oriented efficient, flexible and long term solutions for agile legal support on routine matters;
- Identify complex to highly complex legal issues related to assigned significant strategic matters; proposes solutions, and align on business and legal high risk matters with the Head of legal Region North;
- Be expected to gain solid knowledge of AbbVie´s businesses and organization and knowledge of the broader business impact of decisions made; be expected to keep abreast of changes in laws that affect client areas and represent AbbVie externally to customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies and industry associations;
- Resolves legal issues using negotiation skills and legal expertise; guide and coordinate legal support to the affiliate lawyers were required on assigned projects; and
- To the extent that complex problems or specific technical expertise is required, selects and directs the work of outside counsel, defines project objectives, and manages projects.
Who are you?
You have a Law school degree from one of the Nordic countries and at least 10 years of professional legal experience, preferably in an international environment, ideally a law firm and/or multi-national company. You have experience in life science law.
In addition, we you have the following background and skills:
- Experience in supporting senior business leaders
- Experience in pricing and reimbursement law
- Public procurement Law
- National and EU competition law
- Experience in advertising matters
- Experience in commercial law Ethics & Compliance + local requirements
- Anti-bribery Law
- General understanding of Privacy
- General understanding and experience in intellectual property (patents, trademarks).
In order for you to be successful, you are highly motivated, flexible, independent with demonstrated capacity to manage people, take initiative, adaptability and integrity, with strong communication skills. You have a cultural sensitivity to working in a multi-national company and the ability to work effectively in teams and manage a team. You are fluent in English and one or more Scandinavian language.
What we will offer you
Our employees´ hard work and dedication is what makes us so successful. Our talent philosophy is simple. It connects each person´s individual success to the success they help create for our company. AbbVie´s approach to benefits, compensation and well-being—what we call Total Rewards—is built to be competitive. But in addition to recognizing and rewarding individual performance, we also offer employees flexibility and support throughout their changing life stages.
In this recruitment process, AbbVie is supported by Jurek Rekrytering & Bemanning. Interviews will be carried out as applications are received so please apply (in English) as soon as possible via www.jurek.se. Please note that we do not accept applications by email. For any questions, please contact recruitment consultant Helena Woodcock by phone 0733 10 95 85 or by email at email@example.com.
0733-10 95 85